Discounted Labs provides laboratory testing services for both licensed health professionals and patients referred by a non-medical provider. It is not the intention of Discounted Labs to provide specific medical advice but rather to provide users with information to better understand the patient’s health. Discounted Labs assumes no further responsibility beyond providing test results.
Discounted Labs believes that protecting your private information is one of our top priorities. From the moment you contact us, whether, by phone or online, we do everything possible to guard your personal information. We abide by all state and federal laws regulating medical privacy including HIPAA and HITECH. We also record all incoming and outgoing calls for quality assurance. This Statement of Privacy applies to Discounted Labs and governs data collection and usage. By using our services, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of Personal Information
- Discounted Labs collects and maintains personal information provided by the ordering physician.
General Use and Disclosure Provisions Specify purposes:
- The personal information Discounted Labs collects is used to operate the website(s) and application(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
- Discounted Labs may also use personal identifiable information to inform you of the results.
- Except as otherwise limited in this Agreement, Discounted Labs may only use or disclose Protected Health Information on behalf of, or to provide services to, the ordering physician and the patient for whom the tests were ordered.
- Sparingly, we will use your information for communicating with you about services and/or products you have requested from us.
- Except as otherwise limited in this Agreement, Discounted Labs may use Protected Health Information to provide Data Aggregation services to the ordering physician.
- Except as otherwise limited in this Agreement, Discounted Labs may use Protected Health Information for the proper management and administration of Discounted Labs or carry out the legal responsibilities of Discounted Labs.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
- Discounted Labs does not sell, rent or lease customer information to third parties.
- Discounted Labs may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis or provide customer support. All third parties, including labs, are prohibited from using personal customer information except to provide these services to Discounted Labs. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of customer information.
- Discounted Labs may disclose personal customer information, without notice if required to do so by law to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Discounted Labs or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Discounted Labs.
- Except as otherwise limited in this Agreement, Discounted Labs may disclose Protected Health Information for the proper management and administration of Discounted Labs, provided that disclosures are Required by Law.
- Discounted Labs may use Protected Health Information to report violations of law to appropriate Federal and State authorities.
- Discounted Labs may share information with Defy Medical upon your request to refer you for possible treatment of some lab test results.
- Discounted Labs orders lab tests through its affiliate, 4PMD LLC.
Permissible Requests by non-medical users
- Non-medical users shall not request to receive Protected Health Information. Non-medical users shall not direct or make requests on behalf of the patient unless the patient has provided written consent.
Term and Termination
Term. The Term of this Agreement shall be effective on the date of registration, and shall terminate when all of the Protected Health Information provided by the patient to Discounted Labs, or created or received by Discounted Labs on behalf of a 3rd party Ordering Physician, is destroyed or returned to the Ordering Physician, or, if it is infeasible to return or destroy Protected Health Information, protections are extended to such information, in accordance with the termination provisions in this Section.
Changes to this Statement
Discounted Labs welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the information in this Policy, please contact Discounted Labs staff.