- How much will tests cost?
Test costs vary, depending on what tests you order. You can see an example of pricing on some frequently ordered tests and profiles here
- What lab tests can I order?
To keep costs and complexities down, we only sale the lab tests listed on our "Choose a Test" page.
- Do I need to be fasting for my tests?
Sometimes. Fasting is usually recommended for common tests like glucose and lipid profiles. Some physicians prefer that testosterone testing is done before breakfast since food may temporarily decrease the blood level of testosterone.Please read this article for more details Fasting Blood Tests - Everything You Need to Know
- It has been over 5 business days and I have not received my lab test results.
Check your spam folder since lab test results alerts are emailed when they are ready for download from your profile. If you can't locate this email, please email us at [email protected]
- Do you offer hormone saliva tests?
We do not offer saliva-based testing.
- If I want to order several lab tests but plan to use them in separate days, can you send me separate lab request forms for each lab test in my order?
If you are planning to order tests that you will use on different days or weeks apart, please place a separate order for each.
- I want to place a lab test order for a friend or relative. How do I do that?
Do not place an order for someone else. The information on your orders (name, date of birth, and address) should correspond to the person getting his/her blood drawn. If you want to place an order for a friend, we suggest you buy a gift certificate and let that person place the order themselves using that certificate code which will be emailed to you for forwarding it to your friend/relative. Buy certificate here
Your relative or friend can place their order and can use your credit card, however. Since we do not mail (only email) results, the address on the card can be different from the home address of the person placing the order.
- I live in Canada and I understand that you only serve the U.S., but will be visiting Illinois in the next few weeks. Can I get my blood tested there?
Unfortunately, you have to have an address in one of the states that we serve in the United States.
- If I add multiple tests to my cart, how will it work? Do all the tests take place at once, or do I have to take one by one?
If you order more than one blood test, only one blood draw is required.
- I suspect my total testosterone (TT) blood level is above 1500 ng/dL and I want to know the actual value. Some companies report TT levels as "greater than 1500 ng/dL". Which testosterone test should I order to know the actual value?
We only sell the most accurate total and free testosterone test.
The Testosterone Free and Total LC/MS-MS test provide two measurements for Testosterone levels. Results for this test will include Free Testosterone and Total Testosterone measured by liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS-MS).
This test is more sensitive than the one done by immunoassay and provides a more accurate measurement when total testosterone concentrations are very low (under 150 ng/dL, adequate for T testing in women) or very high (over 1500 ng/dL).
- Can I use my HSA account to make payment for lab tests on DiscountedLabs.com (DL)?
The decision is not up to us- it’s up to the customers HSA carrier/insurance company to accept the charges as a health care expense. The customer can try to submit expenses to his/her HSA insurance company. However, if his/her HSA company comes back with a request for more information about the transaction, we will not be responsible for providing such information.
- I am a man with low testosterone that just received my blood test results from you. What is a good resource to educate myself?
We believe that ExcelMale.com is one of the best and most moderated men's health forums online. We suggest checking them out and register to ask questions there. They have over 37,000 members including some well-known physicians. They also review clinics, compounding pharmacies, products, and services related to health.
- Where can I graph my lab test results?
Check MyHealthGraphs.com. It's simple, and you can generate graphs that you can email or print for yourself or your doctor.
You can also download the TRT Analyzer App if you are on testosterone replacement and want to track your daily quality of life to generate reports to review with your doctor (go to TRTdata.com)
- I am a physician and interested in saving my patients money on blood tests. Can I work with DiscountedLabs as a physician?
Email us at [email protected] to ask us about our physician lab network.
- Can I buy more than one of the same test to use each a few weeks apart?
Yes, but you must place separate orders. Please remember that orders are good for 90 days, so use them before then.
- Are there any factors that can interfere with my blood tests?
If you are taking Biotin, please stop it 72 hours before your blood draw. Biotin may interfere with hormone tests.
- What should I do if I can't find the test I'm looking for?
We have access to thousands of tests, some of which are not on our website. If there is a test you are interested in but can't find on the website, email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to discuss the availability of the test.
- I ordered some tests a month ago but I changed my mind and will not be getting them. Can I get a refund or an exchange for other tests?
Blood test orders are good for 90 days. We are only able to refund your order(s) within the first 90 days if you have not had your blood drawn for the order(s). We do not do exchanges, but you can ask for a refund and place a new order for the tests you want within the 90 days following your original order. To cover physician expenses, a fee of $15 per order will be charged for refunds requested after 24 hours of your order
You will receive the refund in your account approximately 5–10 business days after the date on which the refund was initiated. (This is an aspect of how the banking system works.) Note that refunds may appear in the form of a reversal. In the case of a reversal, the original payment will drop off your customer's bank statement, and a separate credit is not issued.
- Can I add a test to my order after I purchased a test or panel?
No, we cannot combine orders. If after placing your order you decide an additional test is needed simply place another order and contact us prior to visiting the lab so that we can refund one of the lab fees. You only pay one lab fee per visit (blood draw)