Frequently Asked Questions - Discountedlabs
- I ordered some tests a month ago but I changed my mind and will not be getting them. Can I get a refund or an exchange for other tests?
Blood test orders are good for 90 days. We are only able to refund your order(s) within the first 90 days if you have not had your blood drawn for the order(s). We do not do exchanges, but you can ask for a refund and place a new order for the tests you want within the 90 days following your original order. To cover physician expenses, a fee of $15 per order will be charged for refunds requested after 24 hours of your order
You will receive the refund in your account approximately 5–10 business days after the date on which the refund was initiated. (This is an aspect of how the banking system works.) Note that refunds may appear in the form of a reversal. In the case of a reversal, the original payment will drop off your customer's bank statement, and a separate credit is not issued.
- Can I split my order into multiple requisitions?
If you want two requisitions (lab tests to be run at different dates) within one order, you will need to purchase two blood draw fees.
- Is there a refund fee?
Yes, to cover physician expenses, a fee of $15 per order will be charged for refunds.
- I placed and order but realized I did not use the discount code I have?
If you notify us within 24 hours from your order time, we can refund you the amount that is represented by the code you have. We do not retroactively apply or change codes after 24 hours.
- Are there certain states where testing can't be done?
Due to state regulations we are unable to offer services through in NY, NJ, and RI or to its residents. No matter where you live, your lab order cannot be used at lab locations in the above-mentioned states.
- Can I order laboratory tests if I live outside of the United States?
Yes, however, you must provide a local address in the state that you will be tested. Prohibited states for Quest Diagnostics include NY, NJ, and RI.
- Is there an expiration date for my lab order?
Lab orders are valid for 3 months from the date of purchase. If you do not use your lab order within this time period it expires.
- Do I need to sign the bottom of my lab order?
No, you do not need to sign your order.
- If I want to order several lab tests but plan to use them on separate days, can you send me separate lab request forms for each lab test in my order?
If you would like to have tests performed on different days it is best to order the tests separately.
- Can I buy a lab test for my child?
You can place an order for your child but need to create an account with your child's name, gender and date of birth. You can use your address, email address, phone number and credit card. Minors must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at the lab. You need to show your and your child's ID at the lab.
- I just placed an order and received a confirmation email. I see no instructions on how to proceed.
You should receive an email confirmation. If you do not see it, please check your spam folder.
- I just placed my order. When do I get a lab request form to take to my local lab?
Lab request forms can be downloaded right after you place your order. Please print the PDF file and take it to the closest lab that you can find in our "Find a Location" page. Please do not sign that form. Get your blood drawn. No fees will be charged by the Lab. If the lab clerk asks you for your insurance information, tell him/her that your order is prepaid. If they have any questions, they can call the phone number on the lab request form.
- Do I need an appointment for my blood draw?
No. You are not required to make an appointment at any of the lab locations. But some locations are busier than others. If you wish, you can make an appointment by visiting: Find a Location
- What lab tests can I order?
To keep costs and complexities down, we only sale the lab tests listed on our "Choose a Test" page.
- How long is my order good for?
Lab order forms can be used within 90 days after you place an order.
- Can I use your services in NY state, New Jersey, and Rhode Island?
Recent state regulations have made it impossible for us to serve customers in those states. Residents of those states cannot obtain blood testing in other states.
- I want to place a lab test order for a friend or relative. How do I do that?
Do not place an order for someone else. The information on your orders (name, date of birth, and address) should correspond to the person getting his/her blood drawn. If you want to place an order for a friend, we suggest you buy a gift certificate and let that person place the order themselves using that certificate code which will be emailed to you for forwarding it to your friend/relative. Buy certificate here
Your relative or friend can place their order and can use your credit card, however. Since we do not mail (only email) results, the address on the card can be different from the home address of the person placing the order.
- I live in NJ but will be in CT for a few days. Can I take my lab request form to a location outside my hometown ?
If your mailing address is in NY, NJ or RI, you cannot obtain blood testing from us even if you drive to other states. We are sorry about that. Those states have special legislation that prohibits direct-to-consumer lab services from companies outside them.
- Can I use my HSA account to make payment for lab tests on DiscountedLabs.com (DL)?
The decision is not up to us- it’s up to the customers HSA carrier/insurance company to accept the charges as a health care expense. The customer can try to submit expenses to his/her HSA insurance company. However, if his/her HSA company comes back with a request for more information about the transaction, we will not be responsible for providing such information.