Heart Test Panel- Comprehensive
This heart test panel includes blood tests that measure variables that affect heart health like electrolytes (CMP), hematocrit and immune cells (CBC), Cardio IQ Advanced Lipid Panel with Particle Sizes, and inflammatory markers like homocysteine, High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein, and D-Dimer.
Heart Test Panel: A Comprehensive Analysis of Cardiovascular Risks
Our Heart Test Panel at DiscountedLabs.com offers an extensive series of blood tests essential for assessing cardiovascular risks. This in-depth examination covers critical factors related to heart health and overall well-being. Here's a detailed breakdown of the various tests included in this panel:
- Overview: The CMP consists of 14 blood tests serving as an initial medical screening tool to review overall health.
- Components: The CMP checks kidney function, liver function, electrolyte and fluid balance.
- Special Note: Specific electrolytes like potassium play a crucial role in heart health.
- Fasting Required: Yes.
2. Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential
- Overview: CBC measures various components of blood, including:
- Red blood cells (carry oxygen)
- White blood cells (fight infection)
- Hemoglobin (oxygen-carrying protein in red blood cells)
- Hematocrit (proportion of red blood cells to fluid component)
- Platelets (assist with blood clotting)
- Significance: Hematocrit's correlation with blood thickness can be essential for cardiovascular assessments.
3. High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (hs-CRP)
- Overview: hs-CRP level above 2 mg/L, coupled with other risk factors, requires retesting to rule out acute inflammatory responses. A level >10 mg/L might indicate high cardiovascular risk.
- Importance: Helps in reclassifying cardiovascular risk, suggesting possible treatments, including lifestyle changes.
- Overview: This report provides a thorough assessment of cardiovascular risks, helping physicians tailor the best individualized treatment.
- Components: Includes Total Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL, Cholesterol/HDL ratio, LDL Particle Number, LDL Peak Size, LDL Pattern, HDL Large, LDL Small, LDL Medium, Apolipoprotein B, Lipoprotein (a).
- Visual Representation: The report is color-coded with “optimal,” “moderate,” and “high-risk” categories, offering a comprehensive yet simple understanding.
- Fasting Required: Yes.
- Results Time: Approximately 2 weeks.
- Overview: Measures a chemical produced when the amino acid methionine breaks down.
- Importance: Elevated homocysteine levels indicate increased risks for arterial hardening, heart attack, stroke, and venous thrombosis.
- Overview: D-Dimer measures fibrinolytic activation and intravascular thrombosis, a crucial indicator in the blood.
- Significance: Particularly valuable for ruling out venous thromboembolism in high-risk individuals.
The Heart Test Panel is a robust set of diagnostics targeting a comprehensive understanding of cardiovascular health. By offering insights into areas such as metabolism, blood components, inflammation markers, lipid profile, amino acid breakdown, and blood clot factors, this panel empowers both physicians and patients to make informed decisions about heart care and disease prevention.
At DiscountedLabs.com, we prioritize accuracy and accessibility in cardiovascular testing. Entrust your heart health to our advanced screening methods and detailed reports. Book your Heart Test Panel today to embark on a journey toward optimal cardiovascular well-being.
HOW DOES DISCOUNTEDLABS.COM WORK?
Go to the "Find a Location" page to find the closest lab location. No need to make an appointment since walk-ins are welcomed. Once you have identified your closest location, go to step 2.
If you have a discount coupon code, add it to your cart.
A $8 lab processing fee will be added to your total.
Pay using a credit card.
You will receive an order confirmation and instructions email on how to download your lab request.
Print lab request form that you downloaded.
Take that form to the closest location. Get your blood drawn.
You will receive an email when the results are ready for you to download.Note: You cannot place an order under someone else's profile. The profile person's name will appear on the lab order form.
If you have further questions, please email [email protected].