Post PCT Panel
This panel is designed to measure the health and recovery of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis (HPTA) after attempting to normalize it spontaneously or with the use of Post-Cycle Therapy (PCT) . PCT is prescribed by some physicians for men who stop testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or other androgens. Fasting is required for CMP (glucose test).
This post PCT panel ( Post Cycle Therapy) is designed to measure the health and recovery of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis (HPTA) after attempting to normalize it spontaneously or with the use of Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) (with the use of clomiphene, hCG, and other treatments)
Testosterone replacement therapy ( TRT ) and anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) can lead to HPTA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis) dysfunction. Supplemental testosterone can inhibit the release of the body’s own testosterone production through negative feedback inhibition on LH levels. This feedback inhibition also results in suppression of FSH levels, leading to suppression of sperm production (spermatogenesis).
It is suggested that this panel be done no sooner than 4 weeks after PCT cessation and in a fasting state (morning time)
- Ultra Sensitive Estradiol (E2) by Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS assay used to more accurately measure estradiol in men)
- Total and Free Testosterone LC/MS- No upper limit
- Luteinizing Hormone (LH) (Responsible for activating Leydig testicular cells to produce your own testosterone). This hormone is shut down by testosterone replacement or AAS.
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) (Responsible for activating Sertoli testicular cells to produce sperm). This hormone is shut down by testosterone replacement or AAS.
- CBC - Complete Blood Count (Includes hematocrit)
- CMP - Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (Includes liver and kidney function, glucose and electrolytes). FASTING IS REQUIRED FOR ACCURATE GLUCOSE TEST.
NOTE: If you are taking biotin, please stop it 72 hours before the blood draw since it may interfere with hormone blood tests.
Click here to find out how our process works.
IMPORTANT: Discounted Labs only serves these states: Find a Location
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQ page.
FREE BONUS: EBook: Beyond Testosterone
Suggested Reading: Testosterone Replacement Blood Test Targets
HOW DOES DISCOUNTEDLABS.COM WORK?
Go to the "Find a Location" page to find the closest lab location. No need to make an appointment since walk-ins are welcomed. Once you have identified your closest location, go to step 2.NOTE: We serve all states in the U.S. except New York, New Jersey, and Rhode Island. Residents of those states need a written lab order from an in-state provider. Individuals cannot obtain a blood draw in neighboring states.
If you have a discount coupon code, add it to your cart.
A $8 lab processing fee will be added to your total.
Pay using a credit card.
You will receive an order confirmation and instructions email on how to download your lab request.
Print lab request form that you downloaded.
Take that form to the closest Quest Diagnostics location with a picture ID. Get your blood drawn.
You will receive an email when the results are ready for you to download.Note: You cannot place an order under someone else's profile. The profile person's name will appear on the lab order form.
If you have questions, please review our FAQ Page.
If you have further questions, please email [email protected].