Post PCT Panel
This panel is designed to measure the health and recovery of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis (HPTA) after attempting to normalize it spontaneously or with the use of Post-Cycle Therapy (PCT) . PCT is prescribed by some physicians for men who stop testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or other androgens.
This post PCT panel ( Post Cycle Therapy) is designed to measure the health and recovery of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis (HPTA) after attempting to normalize it spontaneously or with the use of Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) (with the use of clomiphene, hCG, and other treatments)
Testosterone replacement therapy ( TRT ) and anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) can lead to HPTA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis) dysfunction. Supplemental testosterone can inhibit the release of the body’s own testosterone production through negative feedback inhibition on LH levels. This feedback inhibition also results in suppression of FSH levels, leading to suppression of sperm production (spermatogenesis).
It is suggested that this panel be done no sooner than 4 weeks after PCT cessation and in a fasting state (morning time)
- Ultra Sensitive Estradiol (E2) by Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS assay used to more accurately measure estradiol in men)
- Total and Free Testosterone LC/MS- No upper limit
- Luteinizing Hormone (LH) (Responsible for activating Leydig testicular cells to produce your own testosterone). This hormone is shut down by testosterone replacement or AAS.
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) (Responsible for activating Sertoli testicular cells to produce sperm). This hormone is shut down by testosterone replacement or AAS.
- CBC - Complete Blood Count (Includes hematocrit)
- CMP - Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (Includes liver and kidney function, glucose and electrolytes)
NOTE: If you are taking biotin, please stop it 72 hours before the blood draw since it may interfere with hormone blood tests.
Click here to find out how our process works.
IMPORTANT: Discounted Labs only serves these states: Find a Location
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQ page.
FREE BONUS: EBook: Beyond Testosterone
Suggested Reading: Testosterone Replacement Blood Test Targets